I eat when I am hungry,
I eat some more even when satiated,
I eat when I am happy,
I eat some more even when I am sad,
I ate for all occasions and all emotions,
Dear food, I never left your side.
At your sighting, I melted and craved,
No matter whichever hour of the day,
You were immensely welcome into my body,
You made yourself equally home, layering around my waist,
My bulging waist, I didn’t fret, week on week,
Was a simple testimony to our fondness to each other.
But something else happened too,
My arteries were hardening, and my heart weakening,
“Diet”, said the doctor and implored me to banish your thought,
Estranged that I was seeking to be, I still secretly desired you,
I willed myself strong and lasted the abstinence period,
Crazed, infatuated – I then had a torrid romance with you again.
Dear food, I love you, I love you still when I see you,
But enough is enough now, And I need to look the other way,
For if I live to eat, I may have no life any longer to eat,
But if I eat to live, I will have my whole life left to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment