Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interpreting Signs - The Rain Maker

Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent,
Yet, no direct conversation with me.

Rational that I sought to be, I looked for a raison d’être,
Chief amongst many prepositions jostling for a valid inference,
Was the one reflection that it would have been too easy and too casual...
Your one sentence spoken to me would have been seminal wisdom,
Yet lost in translation because it’s too laid-back an approach that way...

It remains certain though that for you to guide me,
I would still need some form of connect – my talisman...
So, I took to interpreting signs of things that I couldn’t influence,
Encoded in them were messages of your direction and feedback to me,
And I looked to the arrival of those messages as my reinforcements...

There is a special emotion I articulate to a particular wonder of yours,
You make it rain and I feel special,
You make it rain for everyone but I feel it delivers a personal message to me,
The question could be any, but the answer is always built on the same cue,
Just as you engineered the weather outside to give that special rain,
You give me the confidence to carry my own internal weather with me...
And be my own rain maker.

Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent,
The signals have always been there; one just has to train himself to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment