Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I go now, a farewell note

I go now,
I only thought about what new world awaits me,
I cooked excitement in the pot of hope,
I consumed my own concoction,
And I conjured possibilities as I got exhilarated,
Spellbound, I go now to newer places…

As I cast away the anchor and sail aboard, I am struck by a realization now,
The loss is all mine of a family that I leave to go in search of newer ones now.

As I adjust my sails, I have realized what I cast away wasn’t the anchor,
It was the love and warmth found at the hearth of this home that I staked to begin this new sojourn.

As I lay my hands on the helm, I gathered the irony - what I hold is minimal to what I lost,
The comfort of a caressing familiar environment is now lost to the demands of the wild seas.

As I consult my navigations charts, there is only one truth that I could see,
I was only ending up increasing my nautical miles from you…
Yes, you who were my rock of strength, hope, courage, trust, respect and learning.

My conscious sought an audit of me…
Was this One any less greener, O! Farer, that you search for greener still pastures?
Was the quench not satisfied here that thou must seek newer wells?
Do strangers merit the faces that recede now into memory?

Meek that it is, I have an answer – I go because I must see the same sun rise from a newer land,
I must sail and find another land, tell them about you and tell you about them,
I must find the higher purpose before the last breath…

I go now,
But not before I let you know – how much I valued you…
Every moment, every interaction with you is a treasure I cherish,
And something that will give me companionship on many long solitary nights…

I know I will meet you again, some time,
Although today is the last that you see me here,

I go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment