The other day someone asked me what was the happiest moment in my life?
I replied to his question by giving him the specific instance that made me very happy.
I am a little sad today,
Given that the event which I talked about has already happened, and it gave me major happiness then,
I wonder why I am not happy now; did that event lose its servicing ability to make me happy now?
Aristotle once commented on the futility of pursuing pleasure; his argument was as follows:-
"How, then, is it that no one is continuously pleased? Is it that we grow weary? Certainly all human things are incapable of continuous activity. Therefore pleasure also is not continuous; for it accompanies activity."
Perhaps, the pursuit of happiness is like a person on a treadmill. One has to keep walking just to stay in the same place.
No comments:
Post a Comment